Thursday, April 16, 2015

2012 Kirkland Signature Series Willamette Valley Pinot Noir


last week, i went to costco  to stock up on rioja reserve, i was suprised to see the new Costco’s Kirkland label wine. They’ve really expanded their reach to include a wider selection of wines from numerous prestigious wine growing areas around the globe. So I would advise to take note on your next trip to Costco. You might be surprised what you find. still waiting for single serve vino cups. recently we are finding incredible value in many of these Kirkland wines, and I have to agree 100%. If you find a Kirkland wine from an area you like, you can be almost certain the wine will offer a decent bang for the buck.  only caviar to that is, the wines are not replenised enough like Northstar Merlot Columbia Valley and Chalk Hill Russian River Pinot Noir  are  discontiued " dont quote me on thia"
I love Oregon and Washington Pinots and hold a special place for them in my wine palette,  having developed much of my love for wine during my time spent living in the Northeast. And I learned it’s hard to find good Pinot under $20. I did find this one to be a good offering though, priced at $14.99. Most others in this price range don’t offer this balance and smoothness.
Aroma and Taste
Floral nose, aromas of red fruit and pepper; nice mouthfeel and good fruit on the palate, more red fruit, strawberry, spicy cherry, touch of leather and hints of oak. Again, well balanced. Very food friendly wine. Finishes rich and clean, no sourness.

No comments:

Post a Comment